National Transgender Awards 2023: Here Are The Winners
National Transgender Awards 2023 were held in the National Capital – New Delhi with an aim to build a more inclusive society where transgenders get equal opportunities and not get discriminated
New Delhi: With an aim to build a more inclusive society where transgenders find equal opportunities and not get discriminated, the national capital city – New Delhi hosted the second edition of National Transgender Awards for 2023. The first one was held in December in 2021 in Delhi itself. The Acharya Mahamandaleshwar of the Kinnar Akhada Laxmi Narayan Tripathi had organized the second edition that held as part of a day-long conclave, which witnessed leading voices from the transgender community. Justice Arum Mishra, India Chairperson National Human Rights Commission India (NHRC) graced the event as the Chief Guest and honoured the change makers in the field of Trans inclusion for the year 2022. The event was powered by The Birds and Bees Talk.
This year, the awards had following as the main categories –
- Lifetime Achievement Award – This award was presented to individuals who have been working towards the upliftment of the Trans community and have ensured that this marginalized community has an opportunity towards sustainable and dignified employment.
Dr Vijay Nair, Activist On Human Rights
Anjali Gopalan, Activist, Founder, Naz Foundation Trust
Mohammed Asif, CEO of PLAN India
Helping Hands Organizational Award – This award was presented to organizations who have been working towards making corporate workplaces more inclusive.
Gokhle Road Bandhan
- Trans Allyship Award – This award was presented to companies who have made their workplaces more inclusive and have created safe workplaces for the community members.
The Lalit Suri Hospitality Group
Villoo Poonawalla Foundation
Ravi Bhatnagar, Director, External Affairs & Partnerships, SOA, Reckitt was also awarded the Trans Allyship Award
Banega Swasth India
Ravi Bhatnagar from Reckitt was awarded the Trans Allyship Award today at the National Transgender Awards 2023
- Vidhya Award – This award was presented to parents who have shown strength and resilience as a parent for their children and have ensured they stand tall with their children.
Dr. Jyotsna Suri, Managing Director at Bharat Hotels Limited
Aruna Desai, Founding Member of Sweekar
- Pathbreakers Award – This award was presented to Trans Activists who have set benchmarks in changing policies and making sure that the community’s voice is being heard.
Aparna Banerjee, LGBTQIA+ Rights Activist
Sathvik Sharma, Consultant, National Institute Of Social Defence
Mohul Sharma, Trans Man, Food & Beverage Assistant
Noori Saleem, Mother to 200 plus children, who were born with HIV and abandoned
- Sheethal, Transgender Activist, Pondicherry
Anjali Rimi, Transgender Activist
Neeta Kene, Founder of Kinnar Asmita
Pavitra Nimbhorkar, Leader of the Kinnar Akhara
Bonita Pebam, Transgender Activist, Imphal
Chandni Shaikh, Transgender Activist
Ramkali, Transgender Activist
Sylvester Merchant, Program Manager, Lakshya Trust
Bhawani Maa, Transgender Lok Sabha Candidate From Allahabad
Courtesy : Banega Swasth India
Note: This news piece was originally published in banegaswasthindia.com and used purely for non-profit/non-commercial purposes exclusively for Human Rights